Thursday, May 1, 2008

My favorite food corner at Thong Lor

There are several places I like in Bangkok for street food. These are clean and hygienic food stalls, popular and well patronized by locals.

One I frequented is at the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 38 at end of Thong Lor BTS station. This place comes alive only in evenings. So a place for late night meals, well past 2 am!


View Larger Map

The most popular are the porridge (at a shop) and the noodle stall; both my favorites of course. I brought most of my visiting friends here and they all loved it too. So you must check it out! Just observed which are the popular stalls and you are seldom wrong.

My favorite noodle shop is to the right of the walk-in alley. The corner porridge shop is at left.
















You won't mistaken the faces of these noodle stall brothers.
































Porridge shop featured in local English newspaper. Courtesy of Tui Tim, family of the next generation, who emailed.
















Each time I dropped by, they would send regards to my son, Chris, who visited Bangkok in Jan '06. How warm are these people!
















Only a simple good meal, but such an experience!

No comments: