Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yaworat (Chinatown) by night

Each night a small stretch of Yaworat springs to life; transforming the street scene into a lively atmosphere filled with food stalls - brightly lighted in contrast to the neon signs above. Traffic get choked up even more as customers trickled in gradually for a meal by the sidewalk. By the early hours, they are pack and stack away in the alleys nearby.
















I like to feature more of Chinatown by night for a while.. but often it was a last minute decision to drop by without my camera. This time I made sure it was with me.

It was towards the end of the annual vegetarian festival, many food stalls still displayed the "Jei" banners around prominently.
































This is my favorite Wanton noodle, its' signboard declares it is authentic Cantonese. Trust me, booth the noodles and wantons are really good!
















It's location on Google Maps:

View Larger Map


This sign will help to locate the noodle stall at street corner.
















A number of dessert stalls - Chinese style.
















"Jei" dessert? These Chinese deserts normally has no meat content anyway.. can't fault them for displaying "Jei" banners too, right?





















Ginko & bird nest soups? Hmm.. not too sure how true are its bird nest content!
















This drink stall lady gave a look wondering why I took her picture?
















I don't have a English name for this (Chui Kway).. best translation is a form of Chinese pudding! (Anyone care to help?) Met a customer who came all the way from Silom Road just for it - a testimony of how good it is!
















This is a "Kway Chap" stall, there are two such stalls around. This is not my favorite but still well patronized nevertheless.





















There a long queue here for its spring rolls. I loved fried food but have to give it a miss for other healthier choices.

















Fruit vendors and some still on the move..





































This stall serves soup and fried noodles.. yet to patronize them.





















These Thai desserts mimic various tropical fruits in miniature.. with sweet bean paste inside.





















It always captivate passing children, he was seen scrutinizing piece by piece for a while. I was fascinated just as much! Happy to a pose with a broad smile.





















Find time to explore Yarowat by night.. surely you will discover something interesting each time. I still need many more visits to check them out all!

Still missed out my favorite 'hor fun' stall at entrance of Soi 6 - the best I had anywhere! It was closed for business this day.

2 comments:

Ready Go said...

I just came across your blog. Great pics! Thanks for sharing and I'll be sure to keep an eye out for updates.

-Ready Go, NYC
myflushing.blogspot.com

Walet.twins said...

Thanks for dropping by and your kind remarks.