Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another visit to Don Wai Market

My brother came to Bangkok again on biz last week. Knowing he left out some dried fish in the hotel fridge (bought at Don Wai the last trip), something of a regret; I offered to take him there again before he depart. I won't bore with repeated scenes of food stalls this time.

As a rule, I'll always skip breakfast and come with empty stomach. By then I am hungry and can't wait to eat. This time we chose another floating barge for its noodles. Well, it was also a feast for the eyes with such tranquil setting as backdrops.
















People still live and conduct biz the way as in the old days!
















A river boat at anchor next to us. Thought it was on permanent anchor until it yanked its engine and depart!
















A passing long tail boat seen over orchids by our table side! A five star setting!
















The market walkway was lined with blocks of wooden decks this time. At some spots my head could touch electrical wiring overhead if not being careful. Reason? Raining season has raised the water level of the river. Only then I realized part of the market is actually over water on stilts - as I looked around more observantly.

Each time I came and left with some new experiences. Also each of us has our favorite choice of foods to sample and take away. The only shortcoming is the size of our stomach!

No comments: